Which mountains are the highest in the world?
Practice graphing and see how much higher some mountain chains are than others. The highest peaks of each mountain range are below:
- Appalachian Mountains: 2037 meters above sea level
- Alps: 4810 meters
- Rocky Mountains: 4399 meters
- Himalaya Mountains: 8850 meters
- Ural Mountains: 1895 meters
- Andes Mountains: 6960 meters
Now, is there any relationship between how high a mountain range is and how old it is? Find out by graphing how old they are (you can find out in the articles on each mountain). Use graph paper, or learn to use the spreadsheet program in Google Docs.