Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Unfortunately, you should not play around with mercury because it can be poisonous. It’s hard to get these days anyway, now that they don’t sell mercury fever thermometers anymore. But you can watch other people playing around with mercury in this video:


A video of people playing around with liquid mercury, or quicksilver
Does the video help you see why people used to call mercury “quicksilver”?

Find out more about Mercury

Bibliography and further reading about mercury:

Chemistry home