Many cities around the world have beautiful Chinese gardens. You can go visit these modern gardens to see what the gardens of Ming Dynasty China might have been like. Here is a list of some of these gardens:
- Chinese Garden of Friendship, Sydney, Australia
- Qinesischer Garten, Berlin, Germany
- Montreal Chinese Garden
- Chinese Scholar’s Garden, New York City
- Dunedin Chinese Garden, New Zealand
- Portland Chinese Garden, Portland, Oregon
- Huntington Chinese Garden, San Francisco
- Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden, Vancouver, B.C.
If you go, look carefully at the garden. What is different from the usual parks where you live? What is the same? See if you can find out how the garden is laid out in accordance with Taoist ideas about yin and yang.