- Husk and boil three ears of corn (or use frozen corn).
- Boil 1/2 cup of any kind of beans (lima beans are the most commonly used, but you could use string beans, or white beans, or black beans, or kidney beans, or any other kind of bean). You'll need to boil the beans for about 45 minutes to get them soft (or use canned beans).
- Fry six slices of bacon (chopped) in a frying pan with some diced onion.
- Cut the corn off the cob.
- Add the corn and the drained beans to the bacon and onions.
- Simmer for five minutes until it is all hot and mixed together.
- Add salt, pepper, cilantro to taste.
A day in early North America:
North America Scavenger Hunt
Building a Wickiup Shelter
More fun projects
Further reading about Native Americans
Cool stuff we've been enjoying: Looking for birthday gifts? Check out these new Chromebooks - all the computer you need for only $229.00!. Then study in peace with these Beats wireless headphones - for the exact same price! When you're done, show off your presentation or watch a movie with this excellent smartphone projector for only $39.99!